Eh-team Menu

11 January 2010

Our time in Edmonton is over

I am currently in transit Edmonton-Vancouver-Auckland-Brisbane. Rob is diverting through San Franscisco because it is $500 cheaper to do it that way. We will be meeting up in Auckland and arriving in Brisbane together. And staying together-YAY! Rob’s student visa (as my spouse) came through last week, at the last moment. So he will be allowed to stay as long as my student visa is valid (March 2013), but only allowed to work 20 hours per week. His PR visa remains up in the air until 2012, when they *might* look at it. GAH.
What I really dislike about the trip to Aus is not the time it takes or the cramped economy airplane seats. I really hate what a greaseball you feel like by the time you are done. Yuk! I can feel my face breaking out as we speak….
Because Rob is diverting through the States, he is victim of the American paranoia since the Christmas underwear bomber . He was told he could take a camera bag as carryon, and then forced to check it when we arrived at the united Airlines desk. I just reeeeeeally hope nothing gets broken, stolen or lost. Replacing the camera and 3 lenses and laptop would be a very disappointing expense.
Onto happier topics. We should be good to go with our new apartment by the time we land, and hopefully there will even be a container of stuff to unload. Our new address will be:
#4, 479 Hamilton Road
Chermside, QLD 4032
Australia
Feel free to drop us a line

No comments:

Post a Comment